First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Monday, September 27, 2010

Fun Pictures

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd share a few pics of what we've been up to lately! These pictures are a few weeks old now but we still thought it would be fun to post some!!

Elisabeth posted the pictures this morning while we were in Iowa City and I thought I'd just add to her post what happened today. I saw Dr. Jamieson and they are kind of unsure what to do with me, after the transplant was delayed due to the infections, (which are getting better) they are now concerned with moving ahead with the transplant because I have some risk factors that they are scared of. Apparently my having a three way translocation of cells is very rare and they do not have enough experience with it to feel comfortable moving ahead at this time, It is also the reason they want to move ahead. (Thats a very simplified version of what they call a very complicated problem)They are going to wait another month and then do another Bone Marrow biopsy to see where I am at. They may very well change there minds in a month basically they are afraid to go ahead and afraid to wait so the safer thing is to wait and just get me healthier so if they go ahead I will have the best chance for success. If you would pray for the Drs. I would appreciate it they are a little stumped, In addition my platlet count has fallen and in my Drs. words "I think ITP is rearing its ugly head again" so I will be going in for many blood tests I'll go back Thursday and Monday and then at least weekly until it gets better, ITP is what I was hospitalized for last time it is when your immune system attacks your platlets (which clot your blood). So you could also pray that won't happen. On the bright side Elisabeth had her best swim meet of the year last week she had good times and it was fun for her (it has been a struggle for her to relax with all that is going on at our house) she has a meet tomorow night in Cedar Rapids so we are hoping she will do well again. She works Very Hard and its good to be rewarded with time drops. We are hoping Rex can get Linda out of the house to come and watch that is always a treat for all of us. (Love ya Linda) Have a good day.

Lance

Filling up my car tire! :)




Getting the bikes ready for us to ride


My team is wearing the blue









2 comments:

  1. Praying for the doctors...that God will tell them what to do. It must be unnerving having them be so uncertain. Good to know that God has everything under control, huh?

    Elisabeth...great job swimming and posting pics!! I've never seen Lance with his bi-focals so that gave me a smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep enjoying each other one day at a time !!
    Prayerfully Yours,
    The Fairley Five :-)

    ReplyDelete