First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lace 'em up for Lance Benefit

Hello again! Well I have been asigned the task of writting a blog about my dad's benefit but I guess I haven't done a very good job considering the benefit was on a Saturday and it is now Tuesday! Sorry! Anyways here it goes! On Saturday the guys from my dad's hockey team had a benefit for my dad. What started out as something we thought was just even a nice idea, ended up being so much bigger than we could have ever imagined! There were I think around 44 people that skated and so many more in the stands. (over 200) They had announcers, a national anthem singer, and even a silent auction! So many people were there for my dad and it really left me wondering why they like him so much! :) No I'm just kidding! My dad may like to tease everyone and everything in sight but we love him all the more for it! Anyways back to the game..... there were so many people there! Family, friends, and even people that we had never met before! It was truely amazing to watch everything that was going on! There was so much work that went into this event and I'm not sure how we are ever going to thank everyone! From the people who thought of and organized the event, and designed t-shirts, to those who donated stuff for the silent auction, and even to the people who I'm sure were doing things behind the scenes that we don't even know about! We would like to say a special thanks to Steve Gassman, Jack McCullough, and Joe Frayne the Lace 'em up for Lance committee, who actually came up with the idea and worked so very hard!!! THANK YOU! It was truely an amazing day! Did I mention that a news reporter even came and interveiwed my dad and he was on the 10 o'clock news??? Yeah it just kept going on and on! So thank you, thank you, thank you again to everyone who helped, donated, and even came to the benifit this weekend!!!! It means more to our family than you could ever know!! I could keep going on and on about all the amazing stuff that happened this weekend and all the fun that we had but believe me I don't think there is enough space to fill it in! So I'll end it here! I"m going to post a few pictures below of what went on this weekend, and a link to the news cast if you want to see my dad in his 15min. of fame :) Well have a good day everyone! Elisabeth http://www.kwwl.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=5586601&at1&rnd=88128058

http://www.kwwl.com/Global/story.asp?S=14064997

All the kids standing for the national anthem (I really like how Gavin and Gwen have there arms around each other :)

Dillan was so excited to watch her daddy skate!



Justin getting used to being on skates again


Nathan stopping so Helen can take a picture of him



Cory, I'm sure loving getting his picture taken! :)


Cory, Justin, and Nathan ready to hit the ice!



Even Hayden got to go on the ice!

If you click on the scoreboard in will get bigger. Check out the score! :)


Everyone who skated!

3 comments:

  1. Love all the photos!!!! Great job, Elisabeth! :) We forgive you for taking so long to post because Lisa posted the link to the newscast. haha So cool how much your dad is loved--although I have no idea what they see in him. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Elizabeth!! :) wish Troy and I could have been there, but we didn't want to get anyone sick!! Lisa told us about how wonderful the benefit turned out though! Sooo much to be thankful for :) hope all is well with everyone, and hope to see you all soon!! :)

    much love,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link! When can we get Lance to autograph the t-shirts?? :-)
    Funny story: Nick (12) is known for his inability to tie his shoes. He wore the benefit t-shirt to school yesterday. One of his classmates asked him if the "lace 'em up" part was to remind him to practice.
    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete