First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Friday, May 20, 2011

We went back to Iowa City today and Dr. Silverman felt pretty good about everything I think, the GVH that had really flared up last week seems to be getting better and the throat infection looks better. They are going to cut back a little on my Steroids again this week trying to get rid of them but you have to go through the tapering progress again. All in all after last week I am much better. The big adrenaline rush I got from the IV steroids last week only lasted a few days and then I was kind of tired again but as the week went on that seemed to level out a little. I will be 6 months out from my transplant in a couple of weeks seems some days like it wasn't that long ago but on other days seems like it was really a long time ago. All in all I have done really well and am looking forward to that 6 month mile stone, the DRs. seem to see that as a really big step. Thanks again to everyone for your support I feel like the worst is probably over. The Drs. caution me to just be careful that I still need for this new immune system to keep growing, but really I feel very positive that this will be winding down soon.
Thanks Lance

PS We would appreciate prayer for protection for Lance's body (especially his liver) from all the meds he is having to take again. That he'll be able to get off the meds soon without the GVH flaring up again! He will have blood work this week in Dubuque to keep a close eye on things and then another bone marrow biopsy June 1st. Praise that the GVH is responding to meds and for the wisdom of the doctors who treat him! Thank you!--Penny

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for another update. Hang in there:-) Love, The Fairleys

    ReplyDelete