First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Saturday, August 13, 2011

Just another update....

Well it happened again....time got away from us and unfortunately we haven't posted in awhile....anyways here is the latest update from our family! :) First of all I guess I'll start with dad, he has been doing pretty well coming off all the steroids. Mostly just tired especially the few days right after his steroid dosage changes but he is doing well with it. Please continue to pray that everything stays on track so that we won't have to go down for a surprise visit to I.C! We really are enjoying the month off of not having to go down there! :) Ok ,lets see whats next.... well a couple of weeks ago was my grandpa's 75th birthday and almost all of the family was able to come down to celebrate with him! It was a lot of fun getting to see everyone again! Lots of laughing and stories were going around which is always something to look forward to! I'll post some pictures from the party below. I'll also post some pictures of a 5k that Cory and I did! Well I think thats pretty much everything from here! Have a good weekend everybody! Elisabeth


P.S. If you click on the pictures they get bigger so you can see them better :)







Getting ready to blow out the candles






Uncle Jeff was even able to come to the party!








All the grandkids







Cory's in the black







You can't see me very well but I'm in the black t-shirt.








Cory ended up getting 2nd in his age devision!







A picture after we ran. Were kind of wet if you can't tell, it decided to start pouring down rain about half way through the race.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting pictures of the party! Loved seeing them--and might have to 'steal' them. :) Congrats to Cory on 2nd place! That's quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisabeth,
    Sorry I missed the race, but I did see Nick and his neighborhood friends in the picture of you running. Glad to hear things are OK with Lance.
    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete