First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Friday, June 11, 2010

Suppose........

For all of you that tend to think to far in the future like me.... I read a devotional this week that was a great reminder to me to keep my eyes on God and not our circumstances.... It might seem long but thought I'd write it all anyway!!

"Feed on His faithfulness." (Psalm 37;3 R.V.)

I once met a poor colored worman, who earned a precarious living by hard daily labor: but who was a joyous triumphant Christian. "Ah, Nancy," said a gloomy Christian lady to her one day, "It is well enough to be happy now: but I should think the thoughts of your future would sober you.

"Only suppose, for instance, you should have a spell of sickness, and be unable to work: or suppose your present employer should move away, and no one else should give you anything to do: or suppose---"

"Stop!" cried Nancy, "I never supposes. De Lord is my Shepherd, and I knows I shall not want. And , Honey," she added, to her gloomy freind, " it's all dem supposes as is makin' you so mis'able. You'd better give dem all up, and just trust de Lord."

There is one text that will take all the "supposes" out of a believer's life, if it be received and acted on in childlike faith: it is Hebrews 13: 5, 6: "Be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." ----H.W.S. from: Streams in the Desert

We are in a waiting time while the doctors are trying to get Lance as healthy as they can for transplant.... Sometimes with more time, comes more time to think...... (not always a good thing for me!!) Once again I'm reminded of Who is in control, Who loves us, Who will never forsake us. Supposes do no good!

Romans 8:28 says, " All things work together for good to them that love God." ----Lance and I know God has a plan...

Joseph was able to say to his brothers in Genesis 50:20 "God meant it for good. ---We know that God's plan is for our good and God's glory!

Once again I want to thank everyone for all your love, support and prayers!! We are so very thankful that we could all go to Justin and Ashley's wedding!! That had been a big prayer request and we are so thankful!! So, no more supposes!! Just trust de Lord!! Love You All, Penny

3 comments:

  1. You are simply AMAZING! WOW! You lift and encourage so many with your faithfulness! Thank you Penny and Lance for your strength and TRUST!! We Love You and are praying daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing that devotional.

    Isn't it awesome how God gives us encouragement from His word when we really need it!

    God is in control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when God speaks right to where we are. He knows us inside and out. I am so thankful that you are feeling His comfort as you walk this tough road. You and Lance are an inspiration and encouragement to those of us who watch from the sidelines. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete