First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day By Day......

DAY BY DAY
Lina Sandell Berg, 1832-1903

Day by day and with each passing moment, strength I find to meet my trials here; trusting in my Father's wise bestowment, I've no cause for worry or for fear. He whose heart is kind beyond all measure gives unto each day what He deems best---lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure, mingling toil with peace and rest.

Ev'ry day the Lord Himself is near me with a special mercy for each hour, all my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me, He whose name is Counsellor and Pow'r. The protection of His child and treasure is a charge that on Himself He laid: "As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure," this the pledge to me He made.


What a comfort this old hymn was to my heart when I read it this morning! I have struggled with feeling so responsible for taking care of Lance, especially since we have got back home..... Obviously neither Lance nor I would do anything to jeopardize his health, but there is NO WAY we can control every little germ, blood test , GVH, virus................... you get the idea! God comforted me, this SLOW learner, so graciously! Great to be reminded by the words of this hymn ...."The protection of His child and treasure is a charge that on Himself He laid"...... NOT on me.... like I could do anything anyway!! And..."As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure"..... Tomorrow we head to Iowa City for a long day of testing....... Trusting My Gracious, Comforting God.... Day by Day, Moment by Moment....., ---Penny

2 comments:

  1. Penny- I used to sing all the verses of this song everyday while walking to work to my first nursing job in ICU. It was and is a comfort.
    We will pray for a safe trip and tolerable testing tomorrow. Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song--haven't heard it in a long time. Praying for you guys. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete