First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Monday, May 24, 2010

Good Till The Last Drop!!!

Well we just got home from Iowa City. Luckily all dad had to do today was get blood work done so the day wasn't as long as they usually are. After we got done at the hospital we went to Dillards in the mall for awhile so mom could look for some shoes for Justin's wedding. We got a really good kick out of when we went through the kitchen section in the store though because there was a pot there that mom really liked. She kept talking about how it was so cool and how it would match the kitchen so well! She really liked it until she asked dad and me what we thought of it. Well in response to this question I told her that it looked liked the thing that you throw dead peoples ashes in. Now while mom and me were contemplating this dad said you know your right maybe you should get that now and then someday when I die you can just throw me in there and just set me up next to the coffee pot!!!! Now I'm going to stop right now and just say that we are not planning on him dying anytime soon it was a figure of speech!! Anyways while me and mom were looking at him not even believing that he had just said that, he went further he said yeah just set me up right next to the coffee pot for everyone to see me! Oh, but be careful just watch one day Elisabeth is going to go in and make coffee and just when its done your gonna hear silence and then WHOOPS!!!!! OH DAD!!! Then the next thing you'll hear is do you want one lump or two!!! Now to get this part you have to understand that dad is always calling himself a lump all the time since he can't do very much right now!! The moral of this story is that apparently according to dad he's good to the last drop!!! Anyways this was one of the conversations that we had today and maybe you won't think it's funny, but it gave us a good laugh! Well us and the salesman who I think frankly probably thought we were crazy!! :)
TTFN! Elisabeth

When faced with difficulties you can either laugh or cry we choose to laugh.

1 comment:

  1. I heart your dad! He always cracks me up!! Although...that is seriously gross to think about drinking your dad's ashes by accident. :)

    ReplyDelete