First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 2 in Iowa City

We had a pretty busy day yesterday, I had an EKG, They installed the pick line in my arm, had chest x-rays, and then I started medications. They gave me 9 different medications in the first little cup getting me ready for the bags of Chemo drugs and actually started the chemo drugs at 9:oo last night. I slept well last night other than getting up to go to the bathroom every hour or so, they have me drinking non stop to keep my kidneys going Penny slept in the recliner beside me I don't think she got much rest between them coming in and me getting up so hopefully tonight will be a little better. They came in at 3:00 am and gave me lots more medicine and hooked up more chemo that will keep going non stop for the rest of the week. I feel pretty good still. I rode the exercise bike in the hallway this morning and will walk the halls, they say the first week is usually the best for being pretty normal. They let my Dad and Mom and Rex and Linda (Penny's parents) come in in shifts to see me (they are pretty strict at this point ) but it was nice to have them here. Elisabeth is staying at Rex and Linda's thats close bye. Another blessing is that some of my family that could make it are going to Swisher for Thanksgiving. So they can be close even though I can't see them all, When I worked in Cedar Rapids 20 some years ago in the Restauraunt there was a young man Blane Betschka who is now the owner of that restauraunt and Blane has offered to cook Thanksgiving dinner for my family in Swisher what a wonderful gesture as Linda has plenty going on right now. Blane if you follow this Thank You! Well they just brought in my breakfast so I am going to sign off. Thanks to all.
Lance

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that Blane is doing that for everyone! I've been thinking and praying for you non-stop. Thank you so much for updating the blog.

    Big hugs!
    Oh...by the way...SaraGrace is growing her hair out for Locks of Love (has about 2 inches to go) and said that she wants to give her hair to you. :) I explained that it didn't quite work that way. I thought you would get a kick out of that. In reality, Jeff would love to have some of SaraGrace's hair, too. haha

    ReplyDelete