First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chemo can't keep him down! :)

Hello everyone! Just wanted to post a couple pictures of what dad did today!

There is a story behind this note. My mom wouldn't kiss my dad because she was afraid of giving him any germs. Now my dad wasn't going to take this so of course he went to the top! He got a doctor to actually write a prescription that says ,"Patient should get a kiss from his wife as needed!" Typical dad! Needless to say he got his kiss! :)



This is dad riding the exercise bike, reading his bible, and receiving his chemo all at the same time. Talk about multi-tasking! :)
P.S. just on a side note I was very surprised when I came up to the hospital today and all the nurses started telling me how nice they thought it was that I was going to shave my head for my dad. Apparently dad was bored this morning :) My answer was I'll do a lot of things for him but shaving my head was not one of them! :)----Elisabeth

4 comments:

  1. Come on Elisabeth!
    You don't want to let all those nurses down do you? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With conditioning like this, we won't be surprised if we see you at the Turkey Trot in the morning!! Have a great Thanksgiving Day and eat enough to get you through any rough days ahead. With Love and Prayers from the Fairley Family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So typical of Lance!!! Glad to see he has his sense of humor. :) Make sure your mom gets some rest tonight, okay??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete