First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

I am sitting in front of the T.V listening to the oldies channel, Hits from the 70's (the greatest music ever written) and feeling a little nastalgic. This has been such a wonderful year for our family. We have had some ups and downs with my health problems, but I am so grateful for the support system that I have. I married way above myself , Penny has been the gift from God that everyone wants, 31 years and it just keeps getting better. My kids have been such a blessing to me, I have seen them grow into good Men and I am so proud of them and their families, when things get tough the cream rises to the top. I can't even begin to describe the young lady Elisabeth has turned into and I'm telling all the young men out there right now, forget it, your not good enough!! I have been blessed by my brothers and sisters who not only lined up to want to donate bone marrow for me but have showed their love in so many ways, mostly just in their eyes the concern I see. I was blessed with a great childhood and parents who have always loved and supported me and I married into a family who are my family, not inlaws and brother and sister inlaws. I'm not going to even get started on my 6 Grandkids. I have a church family that has been diligent in Prayers for me and supportive in so many ways I couldn't possibly list them all. I have a job that I love and people there who have been so patient with me needing time off and showing concern for me, that just doesn't happen everywhere, co-workers who have sent cards and e-mails and showed me a lot of support. I have been blessed with so many friends who have showed me how fortunate I am. I am looking forward to being cured and getting back on the Ice next year I miss all those guys and the game so much. Mostly I am grateful to my God who gave all this to me and I am looking forward to next year and am grateful for the year that has just passed. Bless you all. And Happy New Year!
Lance

3 comments:

  1. Happy New year Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance, Besides myself, all of the "oldies" at Pittsboro Christian Village are praying for you, Penny and your very special family.
    My brother-in-law's cousin was a Swedish masseuse:-) Keep looking up Lance - with my love and prayers - June Nailor

    ReplyDelete