First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday

Well the girls are packing up my room, Dr. Gingrich was in just a few minutes ago and said I will get out sometime tomorrow. My counts are doing well. I feel a little like I've been bad all the PA's, Drs. and Nurses keep coming in to tell me to behave when I go home and giving lectures on what I can't do and where I can't go. Right now I just want to go home. They are letting me go off the floor now as long as I wear a gown, gloves, and mask and it sure is nice to see something else. We went to the 5th floor there is no one there on the weekends but there is a grand piano and I sat and Elisabeth played for me. (It was nice) On the Medical front Dr. Gingrich says I will probably feel pretty good for the next week or two and then usually thats when the Graft to host disease could set in. I'm just supposed to walk, eat, and rest a lot. I will come back next week to get checked over. They gave us lots of phone numbers and said to call immediately if anything changes, someone answers the phone for transplant patients round the clock and they can tweak medicines or have me come back right away. We will have a meeting tomorow morning with the Pharmacist and they will go over all my homecare, I'm sure we will get a bushel basket of drugs and they are very particular about schedules, exactly when to take everything. Luckily I have nurse Penny who is more particular than any of them would be. All in all a great day I feel like everything is moving along at the stages they had predicted.
Lance

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic news!! Going HOME!! So Glad you are doing so well and will be able to be HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Take care of yourself!! :) :) Love You ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOHOOO! Congrats! I have been following your progress through Lisa. Amen for Christmas miracles, eh? Keep the blog going...you are doing a great job of it. And I'm supposed to tell you to tell Penny HI from Dean. (from Swisher) Take care and God Bless you and your family this season and always. Dawn Richmond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news! So glad to hear you will be home for Christmas. Let us know if there is anything you need done at home. We'll be happy to help out. The Sabers Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOHOOO!!!! So happy for you to be able to be home for Christmas!! Make sure you obey your doctors. :)

    ReplyDelete