First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday

Well I spent the whole day in my cozy little bed while all of you in the midwest had to go out and fight this nasty weather that we are having. I had the joy of watching the Packers lose, and the Bears get beat so bad that the networks cut away to a "competitive game" I've had many days at home that were not that enjoyable. I played some cribbage with my Dad and he kept up Elisabeths streak I lost again. On the medical side my counts are looking really good and if they can get me off all this medicine I may get to come home in another week or so. I did have some bloody nose this morning and they had to shoot that medicine up my nose a few times again (Thrombin) I think its called it works pretty good but kind of uncomfortable. My headaches are a little better than the last few days, and the achy feeling in my legs and hips comes and goes, instead of all the time so I think I'm getting better. I sleep a lot the nurses say that is good. The people here are so nice you wouldn't believe it I feel like I'm the only person on the floor. Penny and Elisabeth take such good care of me I think it makes the Nurses job a lot easier. Mom and Dad have been here since Friday they were going to go home today, but the weather is so bad and I'm glad they decided to stay over, I think they are going to try and go home in the morning. There are 10 other patients here right now and we are getting to know each other a little we are required to walk the hallway (which is 98 18" ceiling panels long) so it takes about 10 laps to make a mile and we pass each other a lot, you see the same people for several days and then they don't come out for a few days and their families look really scared, in a few days they are back looking a little more tired but like they made it through the next round of something. Everyone up here wants to talk to the other patients especially on your good days it makes the families feel better. I count my blessings everyday and thank God for my family and friends. Things are looking up.
Lance

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad watching the Packers and Bears lose helped the memory of the nosebleed fade a bit.
    My nose started bleeding AFTER the Bears lost:-(
    Love, Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved being snowed in today! Praying for you! ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lance,

    After clearing the drive I wish I were sitting next to you watching football. Do you have an e-mail I can send some photos to you on? I have been taking a few at hockey for you and would like to get them off to you. (brook@mhtc.net) We are all thinking of you!

    Steve Gassman

    ReplyDelete