First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday

Well we had a very uneventful day today, the worst part was every Monday they test everyone for some kind of a virus , its a germ that people get when they are in the hospital, I think it is brought on by Antibiotics. Well I got it, we were one of only a couple patients on this floor who had not gotten it , the jest of it is Penny and everyone who come in my room now have to wear a gown and gloves all the time they are in here, and when I leave the room I have to wear a gown and gloves along with the mask I've had to wear. Its not so bad for me, but poor Penny has to wear latex gloves all day long and everytime they leave the room you have to throw everything away and put on a fresh set when you come back. Its hot and cumbersome. When we leave the hospital we don't have to do anything, I think it is just to protect the other patients with lowered immune systems but it can't hurt anyone else, the thing is pretty much everyone has it anyway I can tell the nurses really think its overkill but you have to follow the rules. Penny and Elisabeth luckily look really good in yellow and thats what they have to wear till I leave. We got our mail today from Dubuque (thanks Cory)and had lots of cards and notes from people it was really nice we have cards hanging all over my room, it looks real cheerful. My counts dropped today due to my being taken off the Nupegyn shots but that was to be expected, they are still real good, right where the Doctors want them to be. I tried to eat again today and its a chore, you would think I'd be hungry but they've pretty well ruined my taste buds and things are not at all tasty. That will come back in time I will make myself eat because that is the only way I can go home. Elisabeth taught Penny and I how to play "Imagine If " a gift from my sister Kelly and that was fun today. She took it back to Swisher tonight to try and get Grampa and Grama to play. I'm watching a Hockey game as I write this and Penny is reading. I feel stronger today and the leg and muscle aches are gone that were from the Nupegyn, I feel really good about the way things are going I think they will let me go home before to long, I just have to get weaned off everything and eat. I need to write thank you letters to so many of you for all the things you have done for us, forgive me for not being more punctual but privacy is at a premium around here and its hard to get much done. I have a new neighbor across the hall today she has 4 daughters who were swimmers in Pella and she has a new baby that was supposed to be born on December 21, (yes that date is right) it can't be a week old makes my situation seem a lot easier than many others. Thanks to all of you for your Prayers they are being answered.
Lance

1 comment:

  1. Lance- thanks for taking time to write an update. We have a house full of just the common cold and I was almost feeling too lousy and lazy to post a simple comment. Your attitude is inspiring.
    Love, Nancy for the Fairleys

    ReplyDelete