First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Sunday, April 25, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa's

Good morning everyone! Well we have had a pretty uneventful weekend here at our house! We went for a nice walk yesterday, and it was so nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air! Nothing new on dad, he will go to the doctor in Iowa City tomorrow but we probably won't find out anything new, this is just basically so they can adjust his medicine. We'll be going to my grandparents house later today so that we can spend the night there because dad's appointment is early in the morning. Oh, and grandma if your reading this dad told me to tell you that lemon cake and cookies are totally out of the question because he's getting to fat!!! He also told me that I couldn't say anything about your world famous potato salad! Well that's all from our house!

Elisabeth

P.S. Oh, and grandma you really don't have to make food for us!

6 comments:

  1. Now if it were me facing a transplant, my thinking would be, 'Who cares if I gain a few pounds because I'm likely to lose a few during the tranplant.' So eat cake. Eat potato salad. There is no better excuse than, 'Hey...I'm having a transplant so I need to bulk up!' It works for pregnant women, so why not you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karin,
    My dad said to tell you God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides, telling MOM not to cook or bake something GOOD, is wasting breathe!! We ALL knows she loves to spoil her company with good food, goodies, clean sheets etc!! Have a good time there and a Good Appointment tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps..Lance,hope you like your little gift upon arrival at Mom and Dad's.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone NEEDS an Iowa Hawkeye shirt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lance,
    I have to agree with Karin on this one (although not sure I am the best person to comment). Praying things go smoothly for you tomorrow in IC.
    We will miss you at group tonight :(
    Eat a cookie for Terry :)

    ReplyDelete