First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Thursday, April 22, 2010

Its a Hat Trick!

After no matches elsewhere the Hall boys shoot, they score! Can you believe Justin came back as a match today for me. The Drs. are all very happy we don't know what they will do now probably just more testing to see which is the the closest match. I must say when Nathan came back as a match I was thinking I wish another of the kids would match just so it would be more obvious Gods hand in all this to people who doubt. And then Cory matched. I thought to myself just think if all of them did. And they did, now after Justin match I am reminded of Gods word in Jeremiah 33:3 where he says: Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. I was given that verse years ago by my friend Louis Jensen when I was going through some things and it has always been a comfort to me but never more real than now when he abundantly answers our prayers and exceeds my expectations. I am so happy and humbled the way things are playing out, I told my Dr today that I'm thinking I will be healed, and there are much bigger things going on here than medicine. Before I go on I want to again thank Julie, Kelly, Troy, Chris, Nathan, Cory, Justin, and Elisabeth (who is quite put out by the way that they didn't test her) and most of all Penny for all they have done for me. Its not that they were tested its for the love they showed me wanting so bad to help, I could die a happy man tomorrow (but lets not hurry) I love you all. I will be going back to Iowa City early Monday morning they want to run a lot of tests on me. I have some infections they are concerned about getting cleared up before I can have the transplant and they want to check that out more closely, they have also decided to put me on another chemo drug starting Monday that I can only get from them. It is not intended to cure anything just slow down the Leukemia a little until they can get started. And I will get another infusion of retuxin that day (should be the last of those and I'm glad I don't like the way they make me feel) I have a big day at work tomorrow we are being recertified by the ISO that is the certification we carry that tells customers we are a high quality organization, lots of work, lots of reports to write and hoops to jump through but I really like it its very challenging. Work has continued to be very therapeutic to me. I have to go Elisabeth is playing the piano for me and begging for Culvers Frozen Custard so off we go to do my duty.
Love to all. Lance

5 comments:

  1. Lance,Jeremiah 33:3 was given to me when I was saved. Tom Dougherty told me it was Gods' phone number. One of those things you always remember. Love you and praying always. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance,

    Wow, how amazing!! I knew you raised those boys right!! You are all an amazing family and we continue praying daily for you!

    We Love You ALL,
    Lisa and Todd & Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lance! Nicole gave me your blog's URL and it has been so interesting reading about how you are doing. We are praying for you and PRAISE GOD that all 3 of your boys are a match...wow!!
    take care...Ruth and Henry

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news. We will be thinking of you on Monday Lance. Keep the posts coming.
    Prayers, Nancy and John

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is still so amazing to me how God has orchastrated all of this. First Penny's gene that you needed and then all of your boys matching. WOW. God is obviously writing this story! I have always loved hearing the stories of how He has taken care of you guys over the years and I know I will continue to be amazed at what He does in your lives. It's so fun being a Christian!! :) Hugs and prayers coming your way... Oh, and tell Elisabeth not to fret. SOMEONE has to take care of all the men when they are whining about their pain. heehee

    ReplyDelete