First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Penny and I have more in common than we thought.

Well we have had an exciting day, Penny and Elisabeth have gone to Cedar Falls to see a concert tonight with friends they had planned this trip months ago Elisabeth is a true "groupie" of the band 10th Avenue North I tease her that they are starting to think she is a stalker I don't know how many times she's seen them but it's got to be close to the amount of times our other stalker "Nathan" has seen U-2. And since her mom goes with often I'm starting to wonder about her also. I don't get it its not like watching a good hockey game or something important but they seem to have fun and I just need to keep working with them on priorities. Anyway with everything going on here this week I really don't think Penny was sure she wanted to go not that she didn't want to just was having a hard time leaving. (she never goes anywhere) Well they went and on the way there she got a call from the University of Iowa that she actually carries the gene that I am missing, That means that she could have passed the missing gene that I need on to one of our kids. and the Drs. want to test them, Well Nathan is allready on his way to Iowa City and will be tested in the morning, Cory is in Chicago for business and has allready made arrangements to have the kits sent to MedLine where he works and can be tested Thursday morning when they get here, and Justin who is at work still is having everything sent to his house to take the test in the morning. Ashley from what I understand allready has everything set up at the clinic. I have tried to call all of them but haven't even talked to them yet as I guess they are either setting things upor on the way. This does not mean anyone is a match but it is a very good chance and we are all excited. Thanks Guys. Elisabeth could be tested and is very willing but the Drs. thought to go with the boys first. Anyway after all this news the girls will certainly have more fun tonight. I also got a really nice call from my cousin Rollie today offering Bone Marrow and when Penny told the Drs about it they said it is a possibility we had a nice visit I talked to much was a little excited about the news we just got and really appreciated the offer. So all in all I don't know if this will work but it was sure nice to get some good news and I feel really blessed for all the people who are helping me out and caring for me.

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! Way to go Penny! Praying that the boys will match and resting in the thought and knowledge that God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to ready your Post this a.m. Lance we are praying hard that one of the boys will be a match. Our love, The Prieskorns

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally crack me up, Lance! I'm so glad you're writing on this blog. I've missed you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete