First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Thursday, April 15, 2010

"NOTHING"

Hi, Well I went back to the Dr. today to have my platelet count done and it is still rising, today it was 678000, (I think that number means I win, Penny says quit trying to win!) sure could have used a few of those a couple of weeks ago. The Drs. in Iowa City seem to be okay with the numbers for now, just said to come in Monday morning for my appointment. I am supposed to have another transfusion then and some other tests. The results from the kids tests are not expected until at least late next week. Penny and Elisabeth are downstairs watching Facing The Giants and it talks a lot about whats impossible for God, "NOTHING!" So we are just waiting to see what he has in store for us and are perfectly content with his plan. Its pretty interesting watching all of this going on with your health and yet really being only a bystander. Thanks again to everyone for all the support we have received. Lifes good!
Lance

1 comment:

  1. "With God, nothing is impossible."

    "In God's word He said 365 different times, "Do not fear." Now if He says it that many times, you know He's serious about it, don't ya?"

    "God can do whatever He wants to do, however He wants to do it. And He chooses to work in our lives because He loves us. He's good!"

    "God will send the rain when He is ready, you need to prepare your fields to receive it!"

    I love that movie. I should watch it more often to remind myself of some things.

    M

    ReplyDelete