First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Voice of Truth

Oh the "Voice of Truth", God's word..... Went to bible study this morning and as usual it was just what I needed. Being in God's word puts things back into perspective. Monday was a long day physically and emotionally for Lance and I, there was a man there who had cancer for 9 years and was very negative, won't go into all the details but between what he had to say and somethings from the doctors it wasn't easy. On the way home Lance reminded me that we do have good doctors but ultimately God not the doctors or the medicine is going to decide our future. This morning as we studied in Hebrews on faith, just being reminded that our faith is based on God's faithfulness (not mine or the doctors) and He keeps his promises was such an encouragement. When we base our faith on what we see it is not always encouraging , but God is faithful and has promised to never leave us or forsake us. Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. (Heb.11:1) A line from a song keeps going around in my head.... The Voice of Truth tells me a different story, The Voice of Truth says," Do not be afraid" The Voice of Truth says, "This is for My Glory" Out of all the voices calling out to me, "I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth! -Penny

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Now you have added music to your blog. (I cannot imagine how you do that.)

    So Cool!!!!

    I love this song. Such a good message.

    "The Voice of Truth says This Is For MY Glory!"

    I have seen Him use your family for His glory in this. God has made Himself evident in so many ways. He has been faithful. It is so comforting to know HE is in control.

    We are praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that song. It has ministered to me so many times. God IS using your family in so many ways to reflect His glory...His love...His faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April 26 Streams in the Desert: "...we will be a greater blessing to the world around us during our time of suffering and pain than we were when we thought we were doing our greatest work."
    Thanks for being a blessing :-)

    ReplyDelete