First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hi Everyone- Again thanks for all your prayers and well wishes, I'm feeling good today went to the Dr. because my pick line was leaking a little and they said nothing to worry about. The best news today was I talked to my boss about me being off work for an extended time I was really nervous as I am a one man operation at work I am the only person in my dept. (I am the HR manager and safety manager in a steel fabrication plant if anyone doesn't know) so if I'm not at work its a burden for someone. Steve our President could not have been nicer he told me they wanted me there and I will have a job. Obviously if I would be off a lot longer than anticipated things could change. (my words not his) but I left really encouraged. I recieved an e-mail from a friend right before I went in to talk to Steve that said ultimately it is all in Gods hands whatever happens and once again he has met my needs. (Thanks Matt) This has been a strange experience and lots of wonderful things have come out of it. I want to get better but I want to remember what I'm learning. I go back to Iowa City on Thursday and we hope their might be some news about the donor matches from Julie, Kelly, Troy, and Chris. Sibling donor program sounds a little cold for someone offering to save your life, thanks again guys I couldn't have been as bad as you said "honest Dad I didn't hit first!"
Thanks again everyone we are trying hard to stay positive I am Happy, Greatful and completely confident in my Drs. ready to start these treatments. Now please get off the computer and go hug your wife, husband, and kids I'm gonna do that more. Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your boss is being kind and understanding. Love your wonderful attitude and know that God is taking care of you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and boys aren't here, and I'm NOT going to hug MOOSE!!! I was ready to pitch the boys out of the car on the way to school this morning, so thanks for the reminder!! :-)
    Love and Prayers, Nancy for all of us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I messed up. Thought I sent you a note but... don't see it here.
    Crap... my first draft was way better than this one will be.
    Just want to say that I agree, you did marry well! I can't tell you how proud I am of your beautiful family. I'll take credit just as being a relative.
    Julie, Troy, Chris and I are all fighting over which one of us gets to be the donor. Looking forward to only great news tomorrow.
    I do have to correct you one one thing though... it was never "Honest Dad, I didn't hit first" it was... "Mom, he's gonna hit me" and... when a guy comes at ya with his fist raised a gal has to believe the punch is gonna land somewhere... Well, it's been years of my saying I'm gonna pay you back and... now here's my chance. I'm gonna hit you hard with my donation and it's gonna "blast those suckers into the next galaxy" -as your doctor said... the Lord works in mysterious ways, huh? Time for pay backs and I couldn't be happier to be "hitting you... and all those blasted cells... back!"
    Love you all so much.
    Keep in touch.
    ~kelly

    ReplyDelete