First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Sunday, April 18, 2010

Me and my Secretary:

We had a busy Saturday, I went to work to get some things caught up and took my secretary Elisabeth with. I am trying to get things caught up for when I will be in the hospital. Elisabeth ran the copy machine for me, she made about 3000 copies of different documents and than coalated them and stapled. She set up banquet tables in our big conference room and laid out all the packets that needed to be done. She worked very hard and was really a huge help to me, it seemed a little funny in the office its usually quite hectic we were the only ones there, it was really a very pleasant time for us and I know who I'm hiring when we get an opening. Elisabeth worked her tail off and is really good with all the detailed things I needed. Best of all she got paid off with a Turkey Sub and was happy. She definately got the raw end of that deal! We may have been a little excited in the last blog when we quoted the Drs. as a million to one chance that one of the kids would be a match for me in Bone Marrow (we have had a few people ask) but suffice to say it was a huge long shot and very steep odds. I had so much fun calling my Parents, Rex and Linda, Brothers, and Sisters, and Kids, as well as many of you with good news. Justin said it just seemed like for a while everything kept getting worse, so good news felt good. I'm kind of tired now, I think all the steroids do that so I'm hoping tomorrow the Drs. will start cutting them back. We go to Iowa City early Monday morning and it should be a pretty full day. My Parents are coming this afternoon on the way through to see Troy in Georgia and I'm really glad they are getting away a break will be good for them and Troy will be glad to have them around. Moms a good cook. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Lance

3 comments:

  1. Just for the record I would have been more than happy to recieve something more than a turkey sandwich! Oh and by the way dad ate half of it and my chips!
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, you are amazing. And I was wondering about that turkey sub...........
    Love you lots, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisabeth,
    You may want to renegotiate that contract. Let me know if you need a new agent.
    M

    ReplyDelete