First of all thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last year. We have decided to create a blog to have an outlet for anyone who is interested in updates on Lances condition a place to come and be informed. The title of the blog "A future and a hope" comes from Jeremiah 29:11, which is a verse that has given our family alot of comfort through these challenging times. Because as my Dad has said, no matter what happens we have already won! I would encourage you to pass on the location of this site to anyone that you may believe would be interested in updates. -Justin



Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday's appointment

Hi all; it is pretty late and we just got home 9:30 pm. pretty full day of tests in Iowa City they changed and added lots of medicines, it took a long time as my pick line wasn't working again, they ended up just putting in new IV lines and pulling it out. Guess I'll get a new one on the next trip or soon anyway. I had my last scheduled Retuxin infusion today and met with several people, my platlets are still quite high so I will need to get them checked again this week. All in all a very busy day, Linda (Penny's mom) really out did herself making me treats and good meals I shared cookies and cupcakes with everyone in the Chemo room. Thank you to Lisa and Todd who with Troys help got me a new Iowa Hawkeye shirt to wear to the hospital. They thought I should be supporting the place thats taking such good care of me. Thanks everyone, we are going to bed.
Lance

3 comments:

  1. Lance, Glad you liked the shirt! Thanks for the message you left, it made me laugh! Will be praying the platlet levels level and drop some! Hope that you ALL get some rest this week!Love you All, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only not gagging over the Hawkeye shirt because yes, you do need to support the people taking care of you and I remember how attached we got to the people who took care of Kate. But still...gosh...it's hard to take that yellow and black! :)

    We will be praying for your platelet levels and I'm glad to hear that Linda spoiled you with her yummy cake and meals. She is soooo good at that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- I think I am becoming a blogaholic :-) Thanks for the updates. We continue to think of you all, check the blog regularly, and pray for you often. Don't hesitate to call with a nitty gritty medical update. Love, Nancy for us all

    ReplyDelete